a night not soon forgotten

lying in my hammock, i treasured the moment, not wanting the night to end. 
memorizing the sound of the frogs croaking and the the crickets chirping...feeling the sway of my hammock as I lay bundled up in my blanket...knowing my friend below me was finding a comfortable position in her hammock...hearing familiar voices in the distance which would be a topic of conversation the following day... going over all that happened  so the camping trip would be ingrained in my brain and would never be forgotten...wanting to stay awake so the day wouldn't have to end...thanking my precious and wondrous God for nature and the life I grew up in...i drifted off to sleep.


Comments

  1. Olivia, this post is BEAUTIFUL! You are such a great writer! Your descriptions made me miss camping trips so much more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

brick walls

friends

her secret acquaintance